LipSense Long Lasting Lip Colour
LipSense Long Lasting Lip Colour comes in a wide variety of shades and textures; luscious mattes, seductive sheers, inspiring sparkles, and playful frosts. LipSense lip colours are perfect to mix and match; LipSense is versatile and can be used to create a number of effects. LipSense is initially sold as a set, which includes LipSense liquid lip color, a moisturizing Gloss, and an Ooops! Remover.
The Science Behind the Product
This unique product is waterproof and does not smear off, rub off, nor kiss off! And, just as important it does not dry out lips. In fact, it restores the moisture content of lips when used properly. LipSense liquid lip colour can last anywhere between 4 and 18 hours. LipSense is a non-wax liquid lip color that stays on skin. LipSense provides a natural shield from the sun. The proprietary formulations and colour pigments in LipSense help create a mechanical covering for the lips. That means the skin on lips is protected from the sun's rays by the colour pigments, therefore lips are protected from harmful rays. That is just one of the reasons lips become so smooth and soft with consistent use of LipSense. LipSense should be applied in three layers:
- 1st layer – touches the skin's pH and will begin to break down first and fastest.
- 2nd layer – protected from the bottom, away from the skin's pH, by the first layer.
- 3rd layer – protects the second layer from the top down and prevents sheering of second layer of color by keeping away friction, saliva, and the natural environment.
The third layer breaks down just like the first layer, but from the top down. The second layer is sandwiched between the first and third and is protected by both for the longest period of use.
Key Ingredients and Benefits
- SD Alcohol 40 – used as a delivery system for the color technology; creates a germ and bacteria-free environment.
- Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract – a natural calming plum flower herb.
- Hypericum Perforatum Extract – also known as St John's Wort, a natural herb used to elavate mood and treat depressions.
- Tilia Cordata Flower Extract – a natural flower extract rich in flavonoids and a powerful anti-oxidant.
- Isodonis Japonicus Extract – Fragrant plant extract that contains terpenes, shown to have medicinal properties to soothe skin.
- Mica – an earth mineral used to give products sparkle and shine.
- Titanium Dioxide – an inert earth mineral used as a thickening ingredient and sunscreen in cosmetics. It protects skin from UVA and UVB radiation and is considered to have no risk of skin irritation.
LipSense Liquid Lip Color Directions for Use
Application of three layers of colour is recommended for the greatest staying power. The LipSense applicator connected to the lid of the LipSense cap of the tube has three features for application:
- Tip – Pointed to apply LipSense as a lip liner
- Longest Side – Used to apply LipSense to full lips
- Shorter Side – Used to apply LipSense to thin lips.
For best results, LipSense products must be applied to clean, dry lips. For a more defined, finished look, use LinerSense before applying the lip color. LipSense needs to be shaken horizontally prior to application. LipSense is applied by using a layering technique. After placing color onto the wand, begin application at the corner of mouth, (usually) using the longest length of the applicator. Keep lips apart, and follow the natural shape of lips starting at the outer corner of the mouth. With one continual stroke, apply one layer of colour from one corner to the other corner of the bottom lip, then one layer of colour to the top lip. Apply the colour, moving the applicator in one continuous direction versus going back and forth like you would with lipstick. Let each layer set for a few seconds before proceeding to the next. It is not recommended to apply more than three layers of color. When the application of the third layer of colour is complete and the colour has set, apply one of the LipSense Moisturizing Glosses over the final layer. Do not press lips together until the moisturizing gloss has been applied onto the last layer of lip colour. After applying the gloss, press your lips together to smooth in the moisture rich gloss and enjoy the glorious look and feel of this long-lasting, advanced color technology!
LipSense Liquid Lip colours are removed by using Ooops Colour Remover or liquid Fooops SenseCosmetics Color Remover.